Monday, February 11, 2008

The Wonderful Weekend We Had...

This is going to be really long so bare with me and I hope you can make it to the end.

Ok so this past week has been very busy and kind of stressful, but we have survived and I am now laughing at everything that has happened. So to start out I had sharing time yesterday and as I was getting ready to prepare it something told me to call my friend and find out what the Pres. did last Sunday since I was not there. Well it just happened to be exactly what I was getting ready to do so I'm glad I followed my prompting so I didn't look like an idot up there and totally boring the kids. Well Saturday night at about 9 I finally came up with something about our new prophet and it went rather well at least for the Senior primary.

Friday morning we found out that we needed to replace our water heater. Which is something we did not expect since our house is only 7 years old but we are finding that out with alot of stuff in our house. So Saturday Rob and I went to Twin Falls and bought and new water heater and got it replaced. Now we all think we are in heaven with all this hot water so now that is all good.

Yesterday was my day to conduct in Primary and as I was getting ready to start I hear Mason screaming his head off so I just left the pulpit and went to see what was going on. Well Kaedyn had left Mason in the bathroom by himself and Mason slammed the bathroom door on his finger. It was all purple I'm surprised it didn't cut it open so I brought him in primary and wiped his nose and put him with his class. But you could tell he was hurting really bad because he kept shaking his hand and crying really loud so I motioned for him to come up with me. Well I think that has been the worst conducting I have ever done. I couldn't even think straight I was more worried about Mason. His finger was swelling pretty fast and turning purple. Well thank heavens for Sis. Mendoza for keeping things straight for me. So after I was done conducting I hurried to call Rob because he had already come home to do some things to tell him he needed to come and get Mason and put some ice on his finger. So I'm waiting and waiting for him and thinking come on he really needs some ice and pain medicine and I have sharing time to do. Rob finally came and left me with 5 mins to spare and today Mason's finger is better.


Now I have to say that I really LOVE my husband more than words can say. Thursday night he went and bought me and new washer and dryer. The whirlpool duet and I absouletely love them. It is so nice to be caught back up on laundry which I didn't think was ever going to happen. Well now here comes the real story on this. I had my new washer and dryer about 2 days and I was washing the levis about 14 pairs all nice school jeans except a couple of pairs. Well I had put them in the dryer and it was about 11 pm and Rob came downstairs and told me that I needed to come upstairs and look at this. I could tell by the look on his face that something was not good. Well as we are going up the stairs he says "uuummmm somebody had a red crayon in their pocket and it is all over the jeans and inside the dryer". I got tears in my eyes and said "you mean my new dryer is ruined". He said don't worry about it we'll get it cleaned up. So then I went and looked at the jeans and I thought great now what are we going to do. I can't send my kids to school in levi's looking like this. Well we had some Mr.Clean wipes and you will not believe this but it wiped the crayon right out of the dryer. I am still amazed!!! Now for the jeans I thought I would put them back in the washer on the santitary cycle which is really hot water and takes about 1 1/2 hours to wash and hope for the best. Guess what my jeans came out spotless. Did I say I love my husband for buying this washer and dryer because if I didn't have them this weekend we would have been in serious trouble. By the way I usually always check the pockets and I did except the boy's this time. Just my luck :) All kids have been threatened about crayons and any other objects in pockets with there life. LOL

1 comment:

chandra and miles said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough weekend. Hopefully things will be better this week. I think I might need to get some of your washer and dryer.Thanks for coming and helping me paint my house I would probabley still be painting.It went really fast and I had fun doing it to bad we couldn't get any pictures of you having fun Helping..