On Tuesday night right before bed Bray hurt her ankle. We weren't really sure what she did but she said it hurt. Well Wednesday morning when she got up she said it hurt to walk on it. It didn't look swollen or anything so I gave her some Motrin and sent her off to school. When I picked her up from school she was still limping and saying it hurt but still no swelling. She had dance at 3:45 so I gave her some more Motrin and took her to dance. When I picked her up from dance you could tell that she was really hurting. She was a little pale and she sat down in the car and said mom it hurts so bad I could just cry. Well it still was not swollen or bruised so I told her I would wrap it with an ace wrap. Well I had mutual and dinner to make so when I got home she was still complaining but I could not find my ace wrap for nothing. So at 10 at night Rob calls his mom to see if she would bring one into us. By that time I had sent Bray to bed. So we wrapped before she went to school but she still was saying it hurt to walk or put pressure on it. Well it never got swollen or anything but she still favored it but we thought she probably just sprained it. By Friday night she was still complaining about it and at 12:30 in the morning she came in saying her ankle was hurting. This was the first time she had ever woke us up saying that it hurt. Mommy guilt was starting to really sink in so we decided we should probably take her to the ER early this morning. Rob took her and was gone for a couple of hours. Well she sprained it bad enough that she has an air cast and crutches. I can not believe I made her go that long. What kind of Mom am I? My kids are always saying something hurts and playing a card on me to get out of stuff so I just thought this was another one of the cards because she was suppose to do the dishes and other chores. Don't get me wrong over the week I kept asking Bray if we needed to take her in but she was so sweet and kept saying well I don't want to waste your money and have nothing be wrong... What a sweet girl but now I feel awful. I am such a mean Mom!!!

I am so sorry Bray... We love you lots and thank you for being so sweet and thoughtful!!!



3 comments:
Don't beat yourself up over being a cautious mom. You did end up taking her in and getting it fixed and that is what matters. Sorry your hurt Bray! How long will she be on crutches and have a soft cast? Good luck and heal fast! My girls miss you!!!!!
I don't think you are a mean mom. I know just how you feel. I always think if I take them in nothing will be wrong. Then I will just have another bill. Been there done that, not once, but at least three times. Sorry you hurt your ankle Bray. Hopefully you will be better before we go to the cabin. Porter has a wrist brace for his arm too. Take it easy so it can heal faster. Love you Shalaine
Sorry Bray, Hopefully it will get better fast.Hey now you have an excuse to get out of stuff HA HA!! Use it it's not very often that you will have an excuse.(That's what I always did) when I was on crutches.. It does stink though hopefully you won't have to wear it and be on those crutches for very long. Be careful on the ice believe me I know I fell I don't know how many times Luv ya !!!
Post a Comment