Friday, April 25, 2008

Patriotic Essay

For school the kids were asked to write an essay on, "What is an American Patriot and how can I be one". Braylee was choosen for a finalist and they called her name over the intercom at school to come down to the office to get some information. Well on the way back to class she heard her friend peek out the door and say she's coming. When Bray walked in they all picked her up and started bouncing her up in the air. She thought that was pretty fun and it sure made her feel very special. Then the Lions Club judged them and choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each grade. Braylee got 2nd place for the 4th grade. She was so excited because the received a savings bond for winning. First place received a $150savings bond, 2nd received a $100 savings bond, and 3rd received a $50 savings bond. These kids did such a good job that I am definetly glad I did not have to choose. We got to go to lunch and then each one of the kids presented their essay in front of all of us. It was a good experience for Braylee and now she says she's going to put that money towards her cruise she wants to take and towards her dream home. Well if only we could all have the outlook on money like kids do. Rob told her it would take a lot more than a $100 to do what she wants to do. She said she knows that but that's why she's going to keep saving. She is such a good kid and we are so proud of her and love her very much!


These are just some fun pictures of the boys from the other day. I had left to run some errands and then came home and started cooking dinner and all the sudden the boys come out dressed like this saying, "Yo baby, what's cookin?" UUUMMM where did they learn to dress like this and talk like that? I'm going to have to see what exactly Rob is teaching my children while I'm not there because I know for sure that it did not come from me. We all got a big kick out of it and we enjoy each one of our kids and the laughter they bring into our home...

4 comments:

chandra and miles said...

Way To Go Bray!! I'm sure it was fantastic and you always do your best at everything you do.Thats awesome that youdid this at such a young age your going to be a pro by the time you get to college. To bad I could come see it.Hope you had lots of fun, heck you got out of school for a couple hours.
As for the boys I'm afraid alittle bit of Rob might be coming out in them HAHA!!

Jen said...

What a neat accomplishment Braylee, great job!!
The pictures of the boys are pretty funny! I always wonder what I'm going to find when I come home after leaving Luke with the boys for a few hours. ;)

Andrea said...

Way to go Braylee. You are a smart little cookie! As for those two little boys....they are so cool! It looks like Mason is completely looking at Kaedyn to see what to do. Love the pics!:)

Anonymous said...

What a neat rewarding experience. Congrats Braylee!!!
Boys can be so cute and silly LOL!