Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Family Home Evening!!!

For family home evening I decided that it would be a good idea to write a missionary letter to our missionary (Dratin). He is the first missionary in our family and we have never really written to a missionary before. The kids were excited but then once we started they didn't know what to say. Maybe I should have been a better mom and had my kids write to the missionary's in our ward so they were used to this. I handed them a piece of paper and told them they could write a letter and draw a picture or they could just draw a picture. Since everybody could write except Mason, we all wrote a letter while Mason drew a picture. The funny thing was the kids all thought they had to write a letter long enough to fill the whole page. They all just sat there and looked at their papers for a long time. Then I finally said you don't have to feel up the whole page just write a few lines to let him know that we are thinking about him and we love him. You could see the weight lifted off their shoulders. It was a good night and I think the kids enjoyed asking questions about the MTC that they have always wondered about. Mason drew a picture of Dratin being a missionary and it looked really good. Then all of the sudden he started scribbling all over Dratin. I asked him what that was and he said it's Dratin the missionary. I'm still trying to figure out what all the scribbling represents.


No comments: