Here are some of the things we have been up to lately...
The boys having been spending a lot of time with Grandpa at the dairy. So as a result we have been having lagoons being built in our dirt hill. It's a good thing they are being filled with water and not the real stuff (Grandpa can keep the real deal).... They have been learning all kinds of good things working with Grandpa, feeding cows, driving the loader, scraping pens and many,many more. They have enjoyed their time with Grandpa and ask everyday if they can go to the barn bright and early. Sometimes a little too early. The boys are becoming hard workers and I love watching them grow up. So this is what we found outside yesterday.
LAGOONS, LAGOONS,and MORE LAGOONS



Well Rob is always telling me to relax ~ they are boys so guess who got clean up duty? Yep DAD!!!! His way of cleaning up was more fun than Mom's so I'm sure we will definitely have more mud at our house!!!!


This is the reaction we got when they were told to go in the house and get ready for a bath....
NO MOM.... That's not fair... I want to play in the GOO it feels so COOL!!!
I can only imagine what I'm going to find next time :)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAEDYN AND MOM~
Yes Kaedyn was born on my birthday 7 years ago, June 23rd. It was a wonderful birthday present! Up until about 2 years ago Kaedyn did not like to share his birthday with Mom, so we always made it HIS day. Now if I could be 5 years younger since we didn't celebrate my birthday - that would be nice. Now he likes to share with me and we have a fun day together. We have made it a tradition in our home to go out for dinner on birthdays. The birthday boy/girl gets to pick where we eat. Well since we share a birthday I let Kaedyn choose for us since we usually like the same food. Kaedyn chose mexican which was great and then he wanted a "Monster Truck" ice cream cake. We have never bought an ice cream cake but it was pretty good and I didn't mind having a monster truck cake either. It was a GREAT birthday and I love sharing it with Kaedyn. Happy Birthday Kaedyn!!!! We love you and are so proud of you for the boy (gentleman) you have grown up to be. You are very special and we are so proud that we get to raise you as our son. Keep up the good work!!!



Shalissa and Braylee have been having a few summer jobs this year and are loving every minute of it. Mom and Dad's pocket book is loving it as well. This has been a good experience for the girls.
They have taken care of our neighbors cats while they were out of town for 1 1/2 weeks, mowed another neighbors lawn for 2 weeks while they were on vacation, babysitting for wonderful friends and neighbors, and helping Grandpa at the dairy- feeding calves, herding cows, learning how to drive the big loader, scraping cow pens, moving cows from one pen to another, and mostly learning how to work in the heat of the day without complaining. I am so glad my kids are learning the value of work and doing a good job and the value of money.
Shalissa attended girls camp and had a great time. Thanks to all the wonderful camp leaders and YW leaders for taking good care of her and making this year a success!!! We love each and everyone of you.
Rob has been spending every spare minute either working or studying for his CCNA test. Well all his studying paid off. On June 20th he took his test and passed with a 100%. I am so proud of him and the great example he is to our kids. Now we are on to the next test.... MCSE. Good luck Honey!!! I love you:)



2 comments:
Sounds like you guys have been just a little busy. But sounds like you are all having a FUN summer. There is nothing like working on the farm to build character and a good work ethic. Way to go guys! Keep working hard and having fun!
Sounds like you guys are keeping busy too. I'm so glad my kids can learn to work on Shane's dads farm too. It nice to know they are learning how to work instead of just play. Can't wait to come see you in a couple of weeks.
Love Shalaine
Post a Comment