Thursday, September 10, 2009
Mason's Dr. Appointment!!!
And the results are..... Mason has hearing loss from all the ear infections we have had :( After all the times I try and talk to him and he would say "HUH, WHAT ~ I CAN"T HEAR YOU MOM"! I was starting to get a little frustrated with him because being the tease that he is I thought he was doing it on purpose for the most part. I kind of figured he had a little hearing loss but I was not prepared for the news I got today. The audiologist said he was borderline of having to have hearing aids and not. So now we get to decide what our best options are so that he doesn't suffer in school... It breaks my heart! We have moved him to the front of the class for now and then we get to decide if we will do hearing aids or a FM System which is a little devise that the teacher and Mason will wear. The teacher will talk into a mic that will be hooked up to Mason so he can hear her better... And we possibly get to do an operation when he is 12 to patch the hole in his eardrum unless by some miracle it heals on its own between now and then. We were also told that he will probably continue to have ear infections until about 12, so his hearing could get worse. I LOVE my little boy and which I could make it all better for him!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It was so good to see you and the boys the other day! They are so tall! I couldn't believe it. I am sorry to hear about Mason's ears. Poor kid. He's a good boy. THings will work out. BTW cute picture of you both!
Post a Comment