Saturday, February 28, 2009

New Job!!!

I started my new job on Friday working as a receptionist at a Dr.'s office. I have a new appreciation for Dr.'s and all the staff that work at the doctors office's and hospital. I did not realize how much stuff they really do for us so it was a great eye opener. We kind of had a hectic day because the Dr. was going out of town for 2 weeks so we had to fit as many people in as possible on Friday. I enjoyed learning new things and getting to know new people, and the day didn't seem too bad. All the other staff kept saying it's usually not like this so we shall see what it's really like in a couple of weeks :)
On my first day of work I had 3 kids wake up sick, imagine that! We have done so good this winter. We haven't had too much sickness going around, but I was brought back to reality on Friday.
Kaedyn and Mason both woke up with runny noses, sore throats, and coughs. Rob's Mom and Dad was so willing to take the boys for the day for us which they enjoyed and loved spending the time with Grandma and Grandpa. Kaedyn's cold seems to be a little worse than Mason's so hopefully we can get on top of it and get him on the mend so he can go to school on Monday.
Friday morning I had gone in to wake up the girls and then went and finished getting ready for work and had sent Rob into see if the girls had gotten out of bed. Well they hadn't and so he told them to get up and Bray said I don't feel good dad I need a bowl. So Rob got her a bowl and as soon as he handed it to her she tossed her cookies. So I called my Mom to see if she was busy that day and she didn't have examines to do that day so she came in and got Bray and took her to her house for the day. Bray wanted to go to school because she was suppose to be going to a friends after school so she was determined she was well enough to go to school. Silly Girl!!!
Shalissa was well so she helped clean the house up and off to school and work we went. Thanks to all our family for being so willing to help us out on such short notice we truly our grateful and appreciate everything you do for our family. We love you all very much!!!
Tonight as we were sitting down to eat dinner Mason kept saying he didn't feel good and he thought he was going to toss his cookies so we got him a bowl and continued on with dinner. Pretty soon Mason got pretty pale and we knew he wasn't going to make it. About 30 seconds later he did his duty. Hopefully if this is going to go through us it does it's job within the next day. I would really prefer if it left now but we will see...

4 comments:

chandra and miles said...

Congrats On the new job !! Mason is really making for some interesting conversations around here.Silly Boy!!Hopefully you are done with your sickies and we are done with ours..Sorry I wasn't able to help out on your first day. Taesyn is excited for Mason to be coming and this has given him one more Question to ask a thousand times a day why Mason isn't coming today!! Hopefully when your schedule is regular he'll get better.Luv ya!!

Andrea said...

Welcome to the world of working mothers!!! There will be more of these days to come, but things just seem to work out. I am so happy that you found a job! Hope things continue to just get better! Enjoy your job! Enjoy your time at home! Balance it a great thing! Lets do lunch one of these days. Good luck!

Shalaine and Shane said...

Congradulations on getting your job. It sure is a different life once you start working outside of the house. I really enjoy being able to talk with older people, instead of just little talk day after day. I hope you enjoy it. Take care, your sis

Me and My Gang said...

Hey Shantelle- check out this site: www.foodstoragemadeeasy.net it is really great