Thursday, June 10, 2010

Almost Done ~ YIPEEE!!!!!

So much has been done since I posted last. We have been very busy but it has all been worth it. We love our tray ceilings in our master bedroom and dining area.

The walls are painted and the trim work is up and painted. At first when I went and looked at the paint it was still very wet and I about cried. It looked really gold. I can handle a little gold but my whole house was a little overwhelming. I gave it a day or two and checked it out again and now I love the color. It turned out to be tan just like I wanted.
The tile has been laid and grouted and I love it.
Rob and I with some help from a friend laid our own hardwood floors. They look pretty good for us not knowing what we were doing. It took longer than expected but it was worth it. We could have bought the tools to make the job go by faster and easier but we decided it wasn't worth it because neither one of us want to lay hardwood again.
L-O-V-E the floors!!!
The cabinets are installed now and they turned out great. They just need to put the trim around the top and bottom and finish around the bar.

We love our front door. We matched the color to our cabinets and are very happy with the way it turned out.

A close up of the stucco and stone. I was a bit nervous with this part because I had found a picture of the stone I wanted but didn't know what it was called. I gave the picture to our builders wife and said I want it to look exactly like this. I was unsure what I was actually getting but away she went and found the exact stone. The stucco color I just told them that I wanted to match the siding color as close as possible and they did a pretty good job at matching.
Now depending on how the sun is shining on the siding depends on if it matches but if you stand right up to them they match pretty close.
We have lights in our house now and it's starting to feel very cozy. Now the kids really don't want to leave.
The front of the whole house. I don't know how well you can see it but at least you have an idea.
We are so excited. We are loving the way everything is coming together. Only a few more weeks and we should be in our home. Now we get to start packing again and working in the yard.
If any one is thinking about building in our area you should really talk to James Ray Construction. He has been wonderful and so has his crews. I highly recommend him. If we ever build again (which we hope that we are settled forever) I would definitely use James Ray again. He has been very honest, upfront, helpful, easy to work with and his wife is the sweetest and very good at her job as well.
A lot of people told us we would fight and our marriage might end over building a house because of the stress but we haven't had a problem yet. Thanks to James and Victoria and their crews our marriage is still in tack and we are actually happier now than before we started. You can't ask for a better couple and crew!
Thank you to everyone that has helped make our dream come true!!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

HURRAY! I have been checking your blog to see updates on the house. It looks beautiful! I love it. Can't wait to see it in real life. I am sure that you are excited and ready to move in! Yeah for you all.