Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bare Back Riding!!!

(A little behind on my journaling so bear with me as I catch up)

The kids have been begging to ride a horse for so long that they finally took matters into their own hands. The boys decided along with Chandra's kids to ask Calli and Shawneice if they could ride their horses. The day had finally come and they were all excited to be going until we actually got to our destination.

If any of you know Mason he is very shy (until he gets to know you and then you better watch out) he doesn't like to try new things, go to new places, or have his routine messed up. Well he decided that riding a horse didn't sound so good after all and would not get out of the car. He climbed on the floor in the back seat of the van and huddled into a ball. We tried for 45 minutes to get him to come out but he was determined he was not going to ride the horse. Our car was so full of flies from the dairy that you could not even see the color of the inside roof. I finally told Rob we just have to drag him out and set him on the horse. I know that sounds mean but that's just what you have to do with this kid. We finally got him out and on the horse and he loved it and did not want to go home when it was time. AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!


We didn't have saddles so we were bare back riding (not so fun or comfortable). Kaedyn and Mason were on and riding around and I look over and see my boys getting ready to fall off. That was all I needed after the fight we had just gone through to get Mason on. Rob tried to run over there but didn't make it in time and both boys crashed to the ground. I sat there waiting for the scream and instead I hear laughing and wanting back on. That was music to my ears!!!! They still talk about it to this day and how funny it was and that it didn't hurt.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the boys falling off in action but I was more worried about Mason and his reaction that it didn't cross my mind until after and I didn't have the heart to ask them to do it again for me....



This is a day that I will never forget because not only did we have success with Mason but with Chandra too. When she was 5 she got bucked off a horse and was in a coma and life flighted. Needless to say she HATES horses, but she got on today! She said she would get only if I got on with her. She said she was only going to get on long enough to get her picture taken and then she was getting off. Well I had a different idea ~ She was going to go for a ride! She did and then was scared to get off. It was wonderful and successful day...

No comments: