Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's STANDING!!!

I can't believe our house is actually standing. It feels like a dream. It's so nice to drive up and actually be able to walk through and see how big all your rooms are going to be. I had a hard time with measurements. They did nothing for me. I have to see it in person and yes there are rooms or things that I wish we would have changed or made bigger but it will work. Everyone told me that would happen so I was kind of expecting it.

The beginning of the main floor going up...


Our framers are so fast. By the time we went back to the house they had the whole upstairs framed already...

Putting the board up around the house...

The wind really needs to find a different place to live. The framers have had a fun time trying to put the trusses up. They have tried to brace them the best they can but it still makes them nervous. He told us it was a good thing we didn't put a high pitched roof on because they probably would have fallen down. We LOVE it!!!

1 comment:

Me and My Gang said...

Congrats! on the new house, we will have to come see when it is done!